Idea Napkin No. 2

My name is David Jacobs, I am a junior at The University of Florida. Currently studying Business Administration, specializing in Event Management. I am a determined, passionate person. I am a good leader, I have the headset to accomplish goals and set myself milestones to accomplish. I have a very strong drive to do good and to strive for greatness in as many aspects of my life as I can. I am passionate about nature, I love appreciating a quiet sunset and giving back to Earth. I have experience with hard work and work ethic, both in my personal and professional life. I am talented at encouraging and motivating people, and I would love to truly make an impact in their lives and change them for the better. While I still don't have a set path that I want to follow, I have a sense of curiosity and I am constantly trying to improve my own life, and the lives of others. I believe that this project idea could help other college students like myself to organize their time better, and just overall make their lives easier, while still nurturing their body through proper nutrition. This business is going to help and change the life of college students with more emphasis on Freshmen other than any other year in college.
My costumers would care about this service, because, for the amount of money they spend on groceries anyway, they can plan ahead and buy only what is necessary for a variety of recipes that have the same base ingredients. They would also save money by receiving only the necessary quantity of ingredients (say, three chicken breasts instead of a whole container, or the necessary amount of spices, instead of a whole bag), which would not only save money in the long run, it would also save them from wasting food. It would give them a variety of easy recipes so they can discover new ways to eat their favorite comfort foods and new flavors. It would become a "buddy" that helps them keep track of what they are ingesting and facilitate the preparation of several meals (meal prep on the weekends perhaps) so they can go on with their daily busy life. 
My target market is college students, post-grad students, and yes, even young adults who are still trying to balance their work and home life dynamic. They are busy people who want to have access to good and nutritious meals while saving as much time and effort as possible, and who would like to have a variety of dishes they can meal-prep and plan ahead for the week. They are curious and want to improve their cooking skills, or at the very least, fit meal-prepping and cooking into their very busy routine. They also care about their health, choose home-made meals over take-out or fast food, and want to keep track of what they are investing for a better quality of life, more energy, and overall, wellbeing.
While there are other subscription services that can deliver food or ingredients to your house, they are usually pricey, and focus on three or four "luxurious" meals, instead of focusing on an array of same base ingredients to create enough recipes to meal-prep and make them last, get the most out of the value of getting the necessary ingredients delivered. My business combines the best out of meal-prepping services, recipe and food delivery services, health and intake track apps, and grocery delivery into one smart, customizable system that adapts to each user's lifestyle, preferences and expectations, to take care of the hassle surrounding the decision to eat better and take care of their nutrition.
The main competitor is my own customers because there are some that enjoy going buy their own food and make it. Other than that there is no other service around Gainesville. This is a local business just like Study Edge that will help the development of students in their daily dietary habits. I am trying to help people make smart decisions while saving them a lot of time and effort in trying to do it. I know that supermarkets are big around here but this service is an e-commerce revolutionary way of making food. 
The weaknesses of my business are the time it takes to place an order and the order to get to your house. Also, that many people do not want to go out of their comfort zones and give businesses like mine a try. Other than that, everything falls in its place and I believe it is a great idea. All the interviews I've made agreed with me, them being college students as well with the only downside is "price."

I did not get back any feedback from my last post. 

Comments

  1. You seem very self aware and seem to know the things in life that make you you and also the things that make you happy. This is so important as an entrepreneur when you have your own business because if you do not know what you want and what you are passionate about you will not know what type of business and needs you want to run and address.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment