Reading Reflection No. 2

Makers: The New Industrial Revolution
Chris Anderson

This book talks about the idea that anyone will be able to create their own products through 3D printers.
The book encouraged me, even more, to be an entrepreneur because of the ability and easy going that anyone can be one. With a good plan and determination, I can achieve my goal of providing products/services to the community. It also helped my understanding of how technology is helping future generations become more efficient and better people to develop new products.
The craziest thing about this book is those big companies such as Samsung or Apple can go out of the game just because of the use of a 3D Printer. This is a fantastic idea but at the same time, the humans are playing with the "I can do everything role" instead to assist to a well-oriented company that knows specifically about their products or services. This has become one of my favorite books, I highly recommend you guys to read it!!

Comments

  1. It sounds like you found this book really inspiring! I did not read this book, I read Guy Kawasaki's The Art of Social Media but I also really enjoyed my reading and share your enthusiasm on this assignment. I had never thought about the implications 3D printers might have on the futures of big companies, but it makes sense that these companies would face issues if people started printing their products at home instead of buying it from the company. I wonder how they will fight these issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,

    I think what stood out from me the most when you were reflecting on the reading is the fact that you mentioned how a 3D Printer can easily remove an apple or android product. That's crazy to me in so many ways. I think the book sounded inspiring and I would like to read it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment