Your Venture’s Unfair Advantage

  • Generate a list of all of the resources in your venture (produce a list of at least 10 resources that you already possess). 

  1. My sister is amazing in website design so she can teach me on how to create it.
  2. Prior Experience on E-Commerce.
  3. There is only one competitor with the same idea but it doesn't include recipes like my website will, so that gives me a competitive advantage over them.
  4.  My target is UF students which I have a daily direct contact with them.
  5. I have a contact with Aldy's and Walmart that helps me measure the prices of food in two different big competitors.
  6. The plan is to give something back to our planet so the whole concept of the company will be eco-friendly and a percentage of profit will be used to help organizations help the planet.
  7. It's a nice interactive app that young people will understand and get along pretty well. 
  8. I have the support of family members that own their own businesses and have the knowledge on how to stay afloat. 
  9. I give out different coupons and discounts every month.
  10. Recipes will be collected from various people I know that have different nationalities so it gets more interesting. Also, the recipes lists will be updated every 2 months. 
  • Conduct a "VRIN" analysis 
    • Value: The recipes are unique and very thoughtful for the students to enjoy. 
    • Rarity: This business idea is unique and so far from the research previously made, I have 2 competitors but mine stands out more for the different new technological features added. 
    • Imitability: It can be copied by people, but the quality and values my company will run for, not many people can get and create like I will. 
  • After conducting the VRIN analysis, determine what your top resource is. Explain why it's more important to your venture than all of the other resources.
My most important resource is the interactive app my company will have. Today, everything is technologically advanced and one needs to be ready to always improve and stand out from the rest. I feel that this interaction mostly with college students will help and will bring many more to the business.

Comments

  1. David,

    I think you listed out a good number of resources for your venture. I also think you made a good sense of what your most important resource is will be an app. Technology is a big aspect of the world and it will help maintain the communication for your customers. Great job and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment