Bug List
1.- People that chew food with their mouth open.
Why: It tells me that that person has low education right away and I can't stand the noise.
2.- Slow people driving in the highway fast lane.
Why: I usually drive fast and there is a rule that says if someone is going faster than you in the fast lane, move to your right... let them pass.
3.- People that talk too much without giving you a chance to talk back.
Why: I had a bad experience with a girl that she would talk 24/7 and not give me a chance to reply at any time.
4.- Very religious people trying to convince you to believe in what they believe in.
Why: I am really opened minded but when someone is trying to impose their believes or way of thinking over my own, I get annoyed pretty easily.
5.- I don't like it when people litter.
Why: This world is our home and we treat it like if it was literally trash. I get so heated over how we as humans have damaged the environment without even thinking about it.
6.- People mistreating any kind of animal.
Why: I was raised picking up dogs and cats from the street. I realized how pure they are and how bad people treat them sometimes, them not being able to fight back.
7.- Having to go grocery shopping.
Why: I hate going through really small hallways with a lot of people trying to choose what to eat. I wish I had my personal chef to go buy it and then cook it for me.
8.- Not getting enough sleep throughout the night.
Why: That is something that really defines my personality. I get in a really bad mood whenever I'm sleepy and I have a long day ahead.
9.- Washing the dishes right after eating.
Why: In Mexico, we have a saying that is "Mal del Puerco" it means like the "Pig Disease." It means that right after you eat you get sleepy and want to nap. So washing the dishes is not the best feeling, to be honest.
10.- Being hungry and not being able to eat in that exact moment.
Why: There are times that I really want to eat and I'm in class or doing something important. Just like the sleep thing... eating is a big thing in my everyday life. I eat like 5 times a day, so when I'm hungry I get in a bad mood.
11.- Having a strict curfew in Mexico whenever I go out to a nightclub.
Why: I live alone in Gainesville and whenever I go out I'm responsible enough to be back home safe. I know that Mexico is a whole different level of insecurity but I'm 21 and sometimes my parents get a little paranoid and that kills the mood of the night sometimes.
12.- Having to walk so much across campus because the "nearest" bus stop is really far.
Why: Most of the times I have to walk from Marston library to Heavener in a 99 F weather with jeans and the sun killing my eyes. I sweat so much just by walking that.
13.- When I'm in line to buy something and the worker is really inefficient like if they didn't want to give good customer service.
Why: You can tell when people are excited to work... I know it not always the situation for anyone that works but if you are giving customer service is something one ALWAYS has to do.
14.- When people have their high beams on while driving at night and I'm not able to see.
Why: I will be driving all happy at night and out of nowhere a pair of bright lights are blinding me for a couple of seconds. Like, that is just when you literally can't see anything and no one is around you.
15.- That "Rider" a bus app for Gainesville is not accurate and because of it not catching the bus on time.
Why: I have been in UF for two weeks and the bus has left without me three times already because of the "great" predictions of the app. I don't even pay attention to the app no more because of such malfunctioning.
16.- Gainesville's weather, being sunny half of the day and rainy (humid) the other half.
Why: I prefer heat rather than cold but here in Gainesville, the weather is so unpredictable that it becomes annoying from time to time.
17.- That Tesla is the only fully electric well-known car company around when their efficiency is not good.
Why: I feel that Tesla is effective because of the technology and renewable resources being utilized but their efficiency sucks. They charge so much for a car that whenever something breaks, they need to wait MONTHS to get something replaced.
18.- People around me talking while I am trying to study or to take notes during a lecture.
Why: I have a little of ADHD and I find it really hard to concentrate by myself. Now, if I have idiots around me not talking but yelling at each other... even worse.
19.- People that are racist and discriminate just by the color, gender, ethnicity, etc.
Why: I learned to be opened minded moving out of my country and also because of my family. I can't stand people that discriminate against others. Like, we are all human beings and we all deserve the same level of respect.
20.- Not having a productive day and feeling bad before going to sleep because of it.
Why: Waking up late and not having a planned day annoys me. It's funny because I do that a lot but I am starting to make a change and now that my days are planned I feel so much better when my day ends.
Reflection:
I really liked this assignment because it made me think about what annoys me, while at the same time thinking about how to fix it all. I believe in what you said in class, to identify a problem and trying to fix it. I think that all human beings should be able to do it because it's more like common sense. I think we all lack determination and will to actually do it.
David,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your list of bugs. What I found the most interesting about is that a lot of the bugs you had were similar to things that can annoy me but that I never put on my own personal bug list. For example such as slow people driving in the highway on a fast lane or when religious people really try to pester you to get you to believe what they believe in. All in all they are definitely relatable bugs and hopefully they can be ridden of soon!
I understood your bugs and why they were so bothersome. I think you went into great detail and gave good insight into how they affect you in your daily endeavors. However, I think you could have gone into a little more detail into why each bug exists in the first place. As in, what causes these bugs to occur. I also really agree with the last statement in your reflection about how we "lack determination" to fix the problems we identify daily, and I think that that is what makes entrepreneurs stand out amongst the rest-- their desire and "will" to fix those everyday "bugs".
ReplyDelete