Customer Avatar
For this assignment, my customer focus will be a broke college student who lacks cooking skills named Santiago. He is a 20-year-old Junior at the University of Florida, currently living in Gainesville, Florida. He is originally from Miami and loves to tailgate every Saturday in football season. He is single and has a 3-year-old German Sheperd whom he is deeply attached. He spends most of his free time working out. His hobbies include watching the sports on T.V, play volleyball and soccer. He drives a grey Volkswagen CC and has a black scooter to move around campus.
Santiago loves to read business related books to help him grow his new company. His company is "SERTUM," a go-karting facility located in Tampa, Florida. The business is booming and he wants to expand. He has too much pressure in his life... trying to maintain a balance between school, work, and social life. Santiago needs to eat big amounts of food and maintain a good diet because of so much exercise he puts in each week. The downside is that he doesn't know how to cook either so all his food is basic junk food.
I have much in common with my customer avatar. We have almost everything in common. I am a student, that works, and practices sports, including gym every day. I have minimum cooking skills and my product is designated for people like us. I believe I would never be able to solve someone’s need without connecting to him in some way. In other words, I must have a comprehensive understanding of my customer to then best solve his/her needs.
![]() |

You were very reflective in your post which shows that you understand your customer. I agree that you need to know who your customer is in order to fill their needs. You have a need that is identifiable, and this post has a lot of great details. Love that you gave the customer a dog! Good post.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteHi David, I like how you can identify a lot with your customer avatar. By having these similarities with your customer avatar, it will be easier for you to identify the challenges and solutions for our product. I think the most important similarity that you share with your customer avatar is the fact that you have minimum cooking skills. With this maybe you could come up with quick 5 minute recipes that could help out people in similar situations.
David,
ReplyDeleteI think it was cool how you made your customized avatar towards a student at the University of Florida. I am sure it can relate to you. You were able to identify someone who would be interested in your product and how it works towards to you. Great job and thank you for sharing!